Presumably even since Eric learned how to write, he had been writing in diaries a majority of his life after that. Often writing down memories, facts and reminders in order not to forget them. In one particular page he kept a photograph of his ex-girlfriend and former love, Kristina. When she actually read one of the diaries with her photograph in it, she asked him You kept this in your possession, hoping one day you could fall in love with me once again, didn't you? She also mentioned that one diary included all of his inner thoughts and feelings.
- For over a century I have lived in secret; hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now. I am a vampire. This is my story...I know the risk. But I had no choice.
- I lost control today. Everything I've kept buried inside came rushing to the surface. I'm simply not able to resist her.
- I had a plan. I wanted to change who I was, create a life as someone new, someone without the past. Someone alive.
- They follow you. You can't escape them as much as you want to.
- I am awake. For the first time in a long time, I feel completely and undeniably wide awake. I welcome the day. Because I know I will see her again.
- There must be a shred of humanity left inside of my internal replication. Somewhere. I keep hoping but how do I make him see it? How do I preserve the implication of my family?
- In Pilot, it was seen that Eric has a lot of diaries; one for every year probably.