Lapis Lazuli is a piece of jewelry with a gemstone enchanted by witches in order to allow vampires to walk freely in the sunlight. The witch who casts the enchantment can also temporarily or permanently undo the spell on the jewelry at their discretion. Throughout the series, female vampires often wear bracelets, necklaces or rings that possess a Lapis-Lazuli gemstone; as opposed to male vampires whom usually just wear rings. The jewelry itself doesn't have to be worn as it was intended; as long as it the vampire is touching or holding it in some way, they are protected from daylight.
The charm placed by witches over the gemstone is not dependent on the specific individual, since the Lapis-Lazuli jewelry has been known to protect their vampire wearers long after the witch who spelled it have died. It was implied by both that the enchanted jewelry only protects the vampire for whom it was made by the witch who cast the spell. Though vampires with daylight rings are fairly common in the series, there are still many vampires who do not possess them, since most witches are not fond of vampires and for that reason usually aren't willing to make them daylight rings. Very few humans are aware of the existence of daylight rings, which gives vampires the advantage of walking in the sun; avoiding suspicion from most humans who still believe vampires can only walk at night.
The Lapis Lazuli stone really does exist in real life.
- Isabella: Has a bracelet containing Lapis Lazuli.
- Connor: Had a ring containing Lapis Lazuli.
- Marissa: Had earrings containing Lapis Lazuli.
- Kayla: Has a necklace containing Lapis Lazuli.
- Richard: Has a pendant containing Lapis Lazuli.
- Derren: Has earrings containing Lapis Lazuli.
- Sariah: Has charm bracelet containing Lapis Lazuli.
- In the books, it seems that the power of Lapis Lazuli is transferable.
- In the series, it seemed to be non-transferrable.
- The stone bears some similarity to the Gem of Amarra from the Buffy and Angel franchise. With the only difference being that the gem protects vampires from demise, whilst the Lapis Lazuli keeps them from burning up in the sun.